JDS OBJECTIVE 2. Headphones amplifier.
The Objective2 is an open source headphone amplifier designed by NwAvGuy, with emphasis on benchmark performance and low cost. This item includes a fully assembled and hand tested O2 headphone amplifier, ready for use. You will only need an AC adapter suitable for your region.
The O2 has created a stir in Head-Fi.org’s do-it-yourself community. After being banned from Head-Fi for heated discussion, he proceeded to design O2 headphone amp for maximum benchmark performance to prove his points. It’s large and heavy, so hardly worth consideration as a portable amp, however, Objective2 lives up to its name.
Objective2's are assembled 100% in accordance with NwAvGuy's default, high-performance bill of materials:
- Alps Dual Analog Potentiometer
- 3.5mm Input and Output Jacks
- Dual Gain Switch (2.5x and 6.5x)
- Opamps: JRC NJM2068D, 2x JRC NJM4556AD
- AC Jack - Rechargeable 9V NiMH Batteries
- Gain: 2.5x and 6.5x
- Volume Potentiometer Taper: 15A or 3B
- Case Dimensions (mm): 108.50 x 80.00 x 29.50 (excludes jacks)
- Case Dimensions (inches) = 4.27 x 3.15 x 1.16" (excludes jacks)
- Battery Run-time: 6-8 hours
- Weight: 11 oz, with batteries
- Frequency Response: +0.01, -0.01 dB (20Hz-20kHz)
- THD 1 Khz 150 Ohms: 0.0016%
- IMD CCIF 15 Ohms: 0.001%
- IMD SMPTE: 0.002%
- Noise (ref 400 mV): -105 dB
- Max Output (33 Ohms): 613 mW
- Output Impedance: 0.54 Ohms
- Crosstalk (15 ohms): 65 dB
- Channel Balance (at 50% volume): 0.6 dB
**Every Objective2 includes a power adapter (8€ bought separately).
Objective 2 Reviews
Objective 2 vs FiiO E9 - Frequency response
Mediciones del O2 realizadas por Innerfidelity (C)