FIIO X5 II do not include neither headphones nor microSD Cards: save money by buying them together. You can find the available models in the drop-down menu next to the pictures. When you have created your pack, you will not need to add them separately.
FiiO X5II. Portable Audio Player. All new X5 2nd generation - native DSD decoding, more musical, more portable.
In December 2013, FiiO’s 2nd hi-res portable DAP, the X5, greeted the market. The market soon responded with great interest. It was from the X5 onwards that FiiO’s X series possessed its present signature mechanical scroll wheel and X keygroup. The control layout was inspired by DJ mixers, but it doesn’t hurt that it is a familiar layout to iPod classic users, while remaining suitably distinctive.
Starting from X5’s preview tours (before official product launch), the X5 was subject to the market’s continuous feedback and we strived to improve the user experience of the X5 accordingly via firmware upgrades, a process that continues even now, through over ten firmware iterations. Thusly we strive to let everyone get more and more out of the product they bought from us, which is the best way we know of to show our appreciation for all our respected customers.
The first gen X5 had undeniably left a deep impression in the market; although its production run has ended, it’s a classic model that has served us and our customers very well indeed. Nevertheless, as an electronic product, the X5 is not immune to the rigours of product cycling. After more than one year of commission, now is time for us to say goodbye to our beloved X5 and greet its new born successor the X5 2nd gen.
Good sound comes from a quality power supply
14V power supply for best power in class, up to 40% from last gen
To improve sound quality, the all-new audio player FiiO X5 employs seamless voltage switching between different gain levels. At high gain, the working voltage reaches 14V (±7V), 40% higher than the 1st gen X5, putting the opamps in their best working voltage, greatly increasing dynamics. At low gain, the working voltage is adjusted to ±5V, reducing power consumption, increasing runtime.
Native DSD128 decoding
Discrete analog volume control, SACD ISO direct decoding.
The all-new FiiO Audio player X5 utilizes an all-new digital audio architecture JZ4760B+SA2000+PCM1792A+PGA2311A, and is able to decode native DSD64/128, and directly play SACD ISOs. Other lossless formats such as WAV, FLAC, APE, WMA, ALAC, AIFF, etc. are also supported up to 192 kHz/24 bit. To avoid interpolating the DSD signal for volume control, we added Texas Instruments' best analog volume controller PGA2311A, ensuring the most faithful reproduction of DSD while avoiding issues with knob potentiometers such as channel imbalance and poor durability.
Only the best parts
Synergistic combination of flagship components
The all-new FiiO audio player X5 preserves the top-flight PCM1792A from Texas Instruments, coupled with the new OPA1652, with great dynamic performance and FET inputs for I/V conversion, realizing extra-low distortion (0.00005%) and noise.
Also utilizing two-top flight OPA1612 for lowpass filtering and voltage amplification for extra-low distortion (0.000015%) and noise.
Finally, to attain sufficient driving current for wide sound stage, highly-dynamic musical perfomance, and good bass power, the headphone output stage employs two BUF634U for current buffering, supplying up to 250mA current output (67% improvement over X5 1st gen).
Dual crystal oscillators supplying the most precise timing, the basis of digital audio
The audio player FiiO X5II employs two silicon crystal oscillators, handling multiples of 44.1kHz (44.1/88.2/176.4kHz, DSD64/128) and 48kHz (48/96/192kHz) respectively. Moreover, it employs the SiTime MEMS oscillator made in USA; compared to traditional quartz oscillators, it has a wider working temperature range and jitter within 1ps, improving accuracy by 25 times.
From "off" to on in 0 seconds flat. Deep-sleep standby for instant-on music in everyday use
On the basis of the X5, we applied the newest technology from tthe likes of smartphones onto the all-new X5. Through the engineer's efforts, the all-new X5 successfully reduced standby power consumption to <5mA, so that it may remain in standby for about 4 weeks from a full battery.
Lighter, smaller, more ergonomic
As a portable product, "portability" is always an important criterion to strive for. Through our engineers' efforts, we packed the above-mentioned more advanced and complex circuitry into a 15% lighter, 12% smallers package than the X5 1st generation.
Headphones remote control
To further benefit portable usage, the all-new X5 also supports headsets with CTIA-standard in-line remotes, allowing operations such as play/pause, skip, fast forward and rewind to be controlled remotely.
The all-new X5 also supports 10-EQ and user defined playlist (.m3u/m3u8) and can switch between 5 different display themes on the same firmware.
Dual microSD card slots
Supporting up to 256GB (128GBx2)
- Headphone Port: Standard 3.5mm Headphone Port
- Display Screen: 2.4", 262,144 color HD IPS screen with 400x360 pixels
- Line Out: Standard 3.5mm Port (Shared line out / S/PDIF coaxial out)
- Digital Out (Coaxial): Standard 3.5mm Port (Shared line out / S/PDIF coaxial out)
- Dimensions: 109 mm× 63.5 mm× 15.3 mm
- Weight: 165 g.
- Drive Ability: 16~150 Ω
- Volume Control: 120 steps digital potentiometer
- Equalizer: 10-band equalizer (±6dB)
- Balance: 10 dB
- USB DAC: Supporting up to 24bit / 192kHz and DSD (driver installation required)
- Gain: 3.6dB (Gain=L), 9.1dB (Gain=H)
Partial Performance Parameters for Line Output
- THD+N: <0.001% (1 kHz)
- SNR: ≥114 dB (A-weight)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: >110 dB
- Crosstalk: >115 dB (10 KΩ/1 kHz)
- Line Output Level: 1.53 Vrms (10 KΩ/1 kHz)
Partial Performance Parameters for Headphone Output
- Output Power 1: >245 mW (32Ω//THD+N<1%)
- Output Impedance: <0.2 Ω (32Ω）
- Output Power 2: >436 mW(16Ω/THD+N<1%)
- Crosstalk: >75 dB (1 kHz)
- Output Power 3: >27 mW (300Ω/THD+N＜1%)
- THD+N: <0.001% (1 kHz)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz~20 kHz
- MAX Output Voltage: >8.2 Vp-p
- SNR: ≥117 dB (A-weighted)
- MAX Output Current: >250 mA (For reference)
Power and Battery
- Power: DC5V 2A recommended
- Battery Capacity: 3300 mAh
- Charge Display: Red light indicates, green light turns on after fully charged
- Battery Life: >10 h (32Ω; normal volume with display off)
- Battery Display: Yes (Accurate battery % readings)
- Charging Time: <4 h (DC5V 2A)
Audio Formats Supported
- Lossless: DSD: DSD64, DSD128 (.iso&.dsf & .dff); APE(Fast): 192 kHz/24 bit; APE(Normal): 96 kHz/24 bit; APE (High): 96 kHz/24 bit; AIFF: 192 kHz/24 bit; FLAC: 192 kHz/24 bit; WAV: 192 kHz/64 bit; WMA Lossless: 96 kHz/24 bit; Apple Lossless: 192 kHz/24 bit.
- Lossy compression: MP2、MP3、AAC、ALAC、WMA、OGG...