Beautifully simple, the latest R1 is the third generation of our iconic table radio which started the Ruark Audio story and marked our transition from manufacturing Hi-Fidelity loudspeakers, to quality compact audio systems.
At first glance, the latest R1 appears remarkably similar to its predecessors, but look closely and you will see that everything about it has been refined. Our updated ‘RotoDial’ control system looks and feels slicker and combined with the latest technology OLED display, provides a control interface which is clear and intuitive to use. The enclosure retains the same attractive dimensions, but with the new soft lacquer finishes and crisp detailing of the front and rear panels, the craftsmanship and desirability of R1 Mk3 has been elevated to an even greater level.
With its refreshed look, honed performance and addition of a high quality Bluetooth audio receiver, R1 Mk3 has been painstakingly evolved, making it we believe, the best and most complete tabletop radio available.
- Radio performance via DAB and FM is exceptional and with DAB+ also built in, R1 Mk3 can be used in countries such as Australia and Germany, where this updated format is now being used. DAB+ also ensures that R1 is ready for new transmissions in the UK which are planned for introduction in 2016.
- R1 Mk3 will make any bedroom look and sound better and with customisable twin alarms you’ll be woken from your slumbers with quality sound exactly how and when you want. Also included is adjustable snooze and sleep timers so you can doze in a similar fashion.
- Programme and set-up information are displayed with crystal clear clarity on the latest technology OLED (organic light emitting diode) display. The really good thing about this new display, is that it retains its vivid clarity at any viewing angle and the display brightness can be adjusted to suit your needs, both in standby and active modes.
- In our opinion radios covered in buttons look ugly so one of our first tasks when we launched Ruark Audio was to develop a control system which looked good and was easy to use. The result was our unique RotoDial control system. For R1 Mk3 we’ve evolved our RotoDial controller further so it looks even better and with fewer buttons is more instinctive to use.
- R1's enclosure is handcrafted from natural materials which we know from designing loudspeakers, gives the best sound quality. Clad in a choice of luxurious walnut veneer or soft white and soft black lacquers, this material also has the added benefit that it is wonderful to touch and see.
- On the rear of R1 you will find a headphone output and a switchable line input which allows other audio devices to be connected and enjoyed with R1’s sonorous sound. R1 Mk3 also features a USB charge port so you can conveniently charge your Smartphone, even when R1 is in standby mode.
- With a quality Bluetooth audio receiver built in, you can wirelessly stream your music, internet radio and other services such as Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music direct from your Smartphone or Computer to R1. Connecting is easy but moreover you will find that sound quality over Bluetooth is highly impressive.