Asus Xonar Essence STU. USB DAC and headphone amplifier.
DAC AND AMPLIFIER DESCRIPTION
Xonar Essence STU delivers clean, clear, and low distortion sound with 120dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) thanks to exacting hardware design and top-notch component selection.
Digital-to-analog converter (DAC)
High fidelity Texas Instruments PCM1792A DAC delivers accurate digital-to-analog conversion, sensational audio clarity, and low distortion.
Asynchronous audio transfer
Asynchronous USB transfer mode separates unstable and noisy clocks generated by the computer or its USB interface logic, maintaining sync with master clock circuitry on Xonar Essence STU.
WIMA FKP2 and Nichicon Finegold capacitors deliver balanced and rich sound.
Balanced (or mirrored) PCB layout
Symmetrical analog output path ensures balanced and truthful representation of all sound sources and minimal crosstalk.
Integrated 600ohm headphone amplifier optimizes sound detail with two gain settings
Renowned TPA6120A2 headphone amplifier supports up to 600ohm impedance, driving all headphones available in the market. It empowers your favorite set with dynamic and detailed sound.
Headphone gain switch
Xonar Essence STU offers readily accessible switching between low and high gain settings, accommodating better listening experiences across a wide range of headphones, from in-ear headsets (typically 16ohm-32ohm) to premium full-size headphones ( up to 600ohm). This is especially useful with the increasing popularity of mobile devices, which normally ship with low impedance/high sensitivity headsets.
Convenient tonal tuning
Xonar Essence STU has room for three swappable Op-Amps (operational amplifiers), which you can replace to adjust tonal performance based on personal taste. This open-ended and customizable design is inherited from previous Xonar Essence audio products, and remains true to the series’ commitment to accommodating as many audiophile preferences as possible.
Texas Instruments NS-LME49720 and NS-LM4562NA Op-Amps deliver acoustics fine-tuned by audio engineers to support livelier, more detailed, and more spacious sound.
By-passing volume jumper switch
The included jumper switch re-routes sound and allows Xonar Essence STU to be used as a pre-amplifier in conjunction with a dedicated power amplifier. You can opt to adjust master volume directly on the power amplifier without having to reach Xonar Essence STU controls.
Selectable DC servo headphone output
Many music enthusiasts choose to solder a DC servo on their DAC to minimize power-up pop noise on the renowned TPA6120A2 headphone amplifier. The dedicated DC servo on Xonar Essence STU offers a convenient and solder-free alternative.
- Excellent audio quality as inherited from acclaimed Xonar Essence ST/STX
- Precision clock tuning technology and asynchronous USB transfer ensure jitter-free fidelity
- Integrated 600ohm headphone amplifier optimizes sound detail with two gain settings
- 120dB Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) delivers high definition audio clarity
- Dedicated jumper switch allows direct audio delivery to your power amplifier, by-passing DAC volume controls
- Three swappable Op-Amps enable tonal character tuning based on personal taste
- USB 2.0 high-speed
- Output Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-Weighted) (Front-out): 120 dB
- Output THD+N at 1kHz (Front-out): >0.00036 %(-108 dB)
- Frequency Response (-3dB, 24bit/192KHz input): 10 Hz to 48 KHz
- Output/Input Full-Scale Voltage: Unbalanced Output : 2 Vrms ( Vp-p)
- Headphone: 7 Vrms ( Vp-p)
- Audio Processor: C-Media CM6631A High-Definition Sound Processor
Sample Rate and Resolution
- Analog Playback Sample Rate and Resolution: 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/176.4K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
- ASIO Driver Support: 44.1K/48K/88.2K/96K/176.4K/192KHz @ 16bit/24bit
- Analog Output: 1 x 6.3 mm jack (1/4″) Headphone out, 2 x RCA (Un-Balanced)
- Digital: 2 x S/PDIF in (1 x Optical (Toslink)/1 x Coaxial), 1 x Aux in 3.5mm jack (1/8”)
- Windows® 8 , 32bit/64bit
- Windows® 7 , 32bit/64bit
- Windows® XP , 32bit/64bit
- Mac OS X – Supports OS X 10.6 or above for playback.
- 6.3mm to 3.5mm stereo adapter x 1
- Driver CD x 1
- Quick Start Guide x 1
- USB cable x 1
- Power cord x 1
- Power adapter x 1
- Swappable operational amplifier: I/V: LME49720 x 2, LPF: LM4562 x 1
- Output impedance: Line out: 100 ohm, Headphone out: 10 ohm
- Clock: Crystal clock: 12MHz, Oscillator: 45.1584MHz (44.1kHz);49.152MHz (48kHz)
- Power supply type: Power consumption(Max): 12W, Power input jack: DC in 12V, Power input range: AC 90~264V