Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO. Open-back studio reference headphones
Exceptional studio headphones
Ideal for precise listening, mixing and mastering. For decades now, professional users all around the world have placed their trust in beyerdynamic studio headphones. They remain the number one choice for music producers, sound technicians and broadcast users and are a firmly established piece of equipment in studios worldwide.
The DT 1990 PRO reference headphones combine these decades of expertise in headphone technology with the latest Tesla driver technology in an open-back design.
Thanks to its high-resolution and well-balanced sound the DT 1990 PRO sets new standards, not least in terms of design and workmanship.
Made in Germany
As with all beyerdynamic professional studio headphones, the DT 1990 PRO is also handcrafted in Germany. Backed by high-quality materials and meticulous workmanship, this high-end product is a long-term investment.
Power and precision are critical requirements when it comes to sound reproduction. The efficiency of our latest Tesla driver technology is characterised by accurate resolution and high output power. Brilliant highs, a richly detailed midrange and precise bass combine to ensure sublime sound quality that is second to none.
Together with an ingenious open-back design, the high-resolution Tesla drivers ensure a wide, dynamic and extremely natural stereo image. Titanium-coated acoustic fabric and carefully selected precision-woven textiles round off the balanced sound quality.
Maximum wearing comfort
The perfected design of the DT 1990 PRO combines innovation with decades of expertise in headphone technology. High-tech textiles and memory foam filled ear pads ensure exceptional wearing comfort. Headphones so comfortable you almost forget you are wearing them.
Natural and exceptionally spatial sound is achieved thanks to the open-back circumaural design. The optimised spatial sound reproduction makes the DT 1990 PRO headphones a reliable reference for mixing and mastering applications as well as for critical listening.
Two sound settings
Choose between a well-balanced sound or analytical sound thanks to replaceable velour ear pads. Both ear pad variants are included to finish off this impeccable studio headphone package.
The DT 1990 PRO is handcrafted in Germany. From a classy headband through to anodised aluminium yokes, these new studio headphones will impress with their exceptional craftsmanship and careful attention to quality and durability.
- Open-back studio reference headphones for mixing and mastering
- Handcrafted in Germany
- 250 ohms, 45-mm dynamic Tesla neodymium driver
- Single-sided, detachable cable with mini-XLR connector
- Soft, replaceable ear pads and headband for long, drawn-out studio sessions
- Included accessories: two pairs of velour ear pads with different sound characteristics (analytical and balanced), two pairs of cables (3 m straight and coiled cable), premium hard case
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Open
- Frequency response: 5 – 40,000 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 250 Ω
- Nominal SPL: 102 dB SPL (1 mW / 500 Hz)
- Max. SPL: 125 dB SPL (200 mW / 500 Hz)
- T.H.D : < 0.05% (1 mW / 500 Hz)
- Nominal handling capacity: 200 mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural
- Nominal headband pressure:approx. 6.6 N
- Weight (without cable): 370 g
- Length and type of cable: 3 m / straight cable or 5 m / coiled cable (stretched), each detachable with a 3-pin mini XLR cable connector, single-sided
- Connection: Gold-plated mini stereo jack (3.5 mm) & 1/4″ adapter (6.35 mm)