The iBasso D14 is iBassos’s new AMP and DAC combo utilises the Sabre32 ES9018K2M DAC chip and with the XMOS USB receiver for superb sound conversion and is able to take up to a 32bit/384kHz PCM signal and native DSD up to 256x directly from computers.
The iBasso D14 amp/DAC also can work as a DAC for Android smart phones via a USB OTG. The built in battery will also allow you to use it on the go for up to 13 hours as a DAC+AMP combo or 25 hours as just an AMP. Other than the USB input, the iBasso D14 can take up to 24bit/192kHz optical input, coaxial input and analogue line in.
On the Amplification side of things, iBasso have gone with an OPAMP based high output headphone amplifier, which can output up to 400mW into a 32ohm load. The sound quality from this little all-in-one AMP+DAC is better than any of of the previous AMP+DAC products from iBasso and achieves this from a combination of advanced technologies and superior implementation of components.
- Sabre32 ES9018K2M DAC chip
- XMOS USB audio controller, takes up to 32bit/384kHz PCM signal, and up to 256x native DSD signal from Windows PC and Mac computers
- Asynchronous USB transfer
- OPAMP+BUF design, ensures high current and high power output
- Flexible inputs, takes Windows PC and MAC computers USB digital signal (USB Soundcard), OTG audio signal from Android 4.1 or above device, digital signal from iPhone/iPad with camera kit cable, takes coaxial input and optical input
- Works as a DAC+AMP Combo, a standalon AMP or a standalone DAC (Line out function)
- 2-Setting Gain Switch for impedance matching
- Rechargeable Li-polymer battery with integrated charging system
- Power Source: Built-in 4.2V Li-polymer Battery or external power supply.
- Frequency Response: 17Hz~20 KHz +/-1dB (DAC); 17Hz~100 KHz +/-0.2dB (AMP).
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 115dB (DAC), 116dB (Amp).
- Crosstalk: 106dB (DAC).
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0018%@1kHz/-10dBF (DAC); 0.0012%@1kHz/max volume (AMP).
- Output power: Up to 400mW+400mW into 32ohm.
- Gain: +3dB and +9dB (AMP).
- Battery Life: 13 hours AMP+DAC or 25 hours if amp only.
- Battery Charge Time: 5 hours.
- External Power supply: 5V DC.
- Recommended Headphone Impedance: 8~300.
- Output impedance: 0.1ohm