iFi iDSD Micro Portable DAC and Amplifier
There is nothing like the micro iDSD. It is literally, out of this world. It is the only DAC in the world (at any price) to play True Native Octa-DSD512/PCM768/Double DXD. Its Perfect-Match means it can be fine-tuned to any headgear from IEMs all the way through to large headphones. Its 8v/4000mW output makes it one of the most powerful headamps to drive even the most hungry of headphones with ease.
x2 Dual Core
iFi has forged an enviable reputation for being at the forefront of computer audio technology. The micro iDSD has just made another leap, an Octa-Leap to be precise. With its special Dual-Core Burr-Brown native DSD/PCM chipset at the heart, the micro iDSD is capable of True Native PCM768, Octa-Speed DSD512 and 2x DXD; it is simply out of this world.
The micro iDSD has 3 different power modes Eco, Normal and Turbo. Capable of 4000mW, 1000mW or 250mW, the micro iDSD is able to drive the full gamut of headphone and amplifiers alike. With iEMatch there to dial to suit any IEM, the micro iDSD has redefined the headphone amplifier class.
Used along with the analogue volume control, the diminutive size of the micro iDSD belies its uncanny ability to drive virtually anything and everything!
SmartPower® is the micro iDSD’s onboard recharging feature for Smartdevices. Its 4800mAH battery is able to fully recharge an iPhone two-times. Compatible with Apple and Android, phones and tablets, it is another example of iFi’s commitment to customer needs – enjoy high-end audio on the go without worrying about the phone going flat.
3D and XBass
iFi’s iCAN and iTube have already achieved widespread acclaim, so much so that their core features including 3D Holographic and XBass have become renowned in their own right and imitated by others. In the micro iDSD, for the first time in an iFi product, it features XBass and 3D Holographic for Headphones and Speakers. All these features are still executed in the analogue, not digital domain to preserve the original music format.
And so much more….with the amazing Crowd-Design program, we are over the moon that you, the customer was central to the development of the micro iDSD. The micro iDSD is literally bursting with features – such as Direct/Pre-Amp, 3.5mm input, SPDIF Input/Output and much, much more. You will have to see it to believe it.
- USB 2.0 type A “OTG” Socket (with iPurifier® technology built-in). Compatible with computers (Apple/Win/Linux), iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android Devices, camera kit or USB-OTG cable required. (Full USB3.0 port compatible)
- Intelligent SPDIF® Coaxial: 3 Way combo SPDIF port (Coaxial In/Out; Optical In); Up to 192kHz PCM
- SPDIF Optical
- Audio RCA L+R
- Intelligent SPDIF® Coaxial: Up to 192kHz PCM
Output (right side)
- SmartPower® Socket: Fast charge all portable devices. Compliant with USB Battery Charging Standard 1.2 – 5V @ 1.5A
- HP Output: Audio 6.3mm Headphone Jack
- Volume with Power On/Off switch. Precision analogue volume control. <2dB Tracking error
- 3.5mm Input: Auto disable the digital section when this is in use.
- X-Bass®: On/Off
- 3D Holographic Sound®: On/Off. Auto-switching for Speakers® and Headphones® (two separate and distinct circuits)
Controls (left side)
- Power Mode: Turbo, Normal, Eco. Computer controlled power and gain scaling.
- Polarity: Normal/Inverted
- Filter: 3 positions, 6 filters
- Line Direct/Preamplifier: Preamplifier function Enable/Disable, 0/9dB gain selectable. Fixed 2V or variable with up to 5V available
- iEMatch®: Perfect-matching circuit for IEMs (eliminate hiss). Off / High Sensitivity Headphone / Ultra Sensitivity Headphone
- DAC: Dual-core DSD, DXD, PCM DAC by Burr Brown. 2-DAC Chip; 4-Channel; 8-Signals, custom interleaving for maximum SNR
- Bit-Perfect DSD processing, Bit-Perfect PCM processing
- Clock: Ultra low jitter GMT computer controlled Femto Clock. RMS jitter 12kHz – 1MHz < 280 Femtoseconds
- Audio Formats: DSD 512/256/128/64. 24.6/22.6/12.4/11.2/6.2/5.6/3.1/2.8. DXD 2x/1x
- 768/705.6/384/352.8kHz. PCM 768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz. All native decoding, no internal hardware conversion
- PCM: Bit-Perfect Processing/Minimum Phase/Standard. Digital filters selectable
- DSD: Extreme/Extended/Standard Range. Analogue filters selectable
- DXD: Bit-Perfect Processing. Fixed analogue filter
Audio Specifications (DAC Section)
- Dynamic Range (Line) >117db(A)
- THD & N (0dBFS Line) <0.003%
- Output Voltage (Line) >2V
- Output Impedance (Zout) < 240Ω
- Jitter (correlated) Below AP2 test set limit
Headphone Power Output
- Turbo mode: Power (max) 10.0V/4,000 mW @ 16 Ohm. Power (continuous.) >1560 mW @ 64 Ohm
- Normal mode: Power (max) 5.5V/1,900 mW @ 16 Ohm. Power (continuous.) >950 mW @ 32 Ohm
- Eco mode: Power (max) 2.0V/500 mW @ 8 Ohm. Power (continuous.) >250 mW @ 16 Ohm
Specifications Headamp Section
- Dynamic Range (HP) >115dB(A) (Eco Mode, 2V Out)
- THD &N (HP 500mW/16R) < 0.008%
- Output Voltage (HP) >8V (Turbo Mode)
- Output Impedance (Zout) <1Ω (iEMatch not engaged)
- Maximum Output Power: 4,000mW @ 16 Ohm Load. When using sinewave testing the iDSD micro may engage protection circuits
- Continuous Output Power 1,000mW @ 64 Ohm Load