The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray CD player represents a marked evolution in OPPO’s design and engineering. The Darbee Edition takes home theater beyond accuracy providing enhanced depth and realism to the visual experience making the Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player a versatile player that delivers enhanced picture quality and premium sound.
Diversified Media Support
The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player entertains with a variety of media options. In addition to Netflix, VUDU, CinemaNow, Pandora and Rhapsody, provides access to popular entertainment network services from Digital Concert Hall, YouTube and TIDAL.
Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player. The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player fully supports high-resolution lossless WAV and FLAC audio formats.
Full Roku streaming experience with an optional Roku Streaming Stick plugged in to the MHL Input; Up to 1080p HD; 750+ entertainment channels; Dual-band, extended-range wireless; Compatible with Roku Game Remote.
The OPPO MediaControl app turns your mobile device into a remote that provides complete control over your OPPO Blu-ray player. The app is able to browse media libraries, control playback of media files, and even turn the player on and off.
Diversified Media Support
- Blu-ray Disc – The high definition Blu-ray Disc™ format provides pristine video and audio quality for your home entertainment.
- Blu-ray 3D – Experience high definition in all new dimensions. The BDP-103D supports the Blu-ray 3D specifications and is fully compatible with Blu-ray 3D discs1.
- 2D to 3D Conversion – Take your standard DVD, Blu-ray, and other video content to the next dimension by converting them into 3D with the simple press of a button. The BDP-103D can also adjust the depth and eye convergence levels to suit your personal preference.
- SACD – The BDP-103D plays Super Audio CD (SACD) and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to output the DSD (Direct Stream Digital) signal in its native format or convert it into PCM.
- DVD-Audio – The BDP-103D plays DVD-Audio and supports both stereo and multi-channel high resolution audio programs. Users can select whether to play the DVD-Audio or the DVD-Video portion of the disc.
- Netflix Instant Streaming – Instantly watch TV shows & movies streaming from Netflix2. Netflix “Just For Kids” is a special selection of kid-friendly TV episodes & movies for younger viewers. It is included with your Netflix unlimited streaming membership. Selected titles support features including 1080p video, 5.1ch audio, subtitles and alternative audio languages.
- VUDU HD Movie Streaming – Stream thousands of movies instantly the day-and-date they are released on DVD/Blu-ray in stunning 1080p video, rich 7.1 surround audio and even in 3D3.
- CinemaNow – Instantly stream the latest new release movies and Next Day TV episodes, plus a library of thousands of blockbuster hits4.
- Pandora Internet Radio – Personalized music streaming using the Music Genome Project, staying true to their mission: “Playing only the music you’ll love”5.
- Rhapsody Online Music – Meet your new music collection complete with millions of songs, entire albums and artist hits spanning the decades. This is more than just internet radio. This is the power to play exactly the songs you want.6
- Comprehensive Internet Streaming – In addition to Netflix, VUDU, CinemaNow, Pandora and Rhapsody, the Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player provides access to popular entertainment network services from Digital Concert Hall, YouTube and TIDAL.
- BD-Live & BonusVIEW – The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player supports BD-Live™ (Profile 2.0) and contains all necessary hardware – audio/video decoder, Ethernet and wireless networking, and 1GB of internal storage – for BD-Live. It also supports BonusVIEW (Profile 1.1) enabling “picture-in-picture” and audio features for viewing director or actor commentary while the main movie is playing.
- Additional Disc & Media Formats – Additional disc and file formats, such as DVD, audio CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV and other audio/video/picture files on recorded discs or USB drives can be played back on the Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player. The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player fully supports high-resolution lossless WAV and FLAC audio formats.7
- Roku Ready™ – Full Roku streaming experience with an optional Roku Streaming Stick plugged in to the MHL Input; Up to 1080p HD; 750+ entertainment channels; Dual-band, extended-range wireless; Compatible with Roku Game Remote.
Enhanced Video Quality
- Darbee Visual Presence – “It’s like lifting a veil.” Darbee’s Visual Presence™ technology establishes a fundamental breakthrough for image realism. By embedding stereoscopic depth information generated from a patented human-vision-based model into 2D or 3D video, it provides greater clarity and increases the perception of depth resulting in a more dynamic, lifelike experience. The amount of processing is adjustable, allowing you to customize the visual enhancement to your particular taste. More information about Darbee’s Visual Presence™ technology can be found here.
- 4K Up-scaling – Enhance the home theater experience with four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p by up-scaling all video sources to 4K (3840 x 2160) output resolution.
- DVD Up-Conversion – Per-pixel motion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transform the standard definition image on DVDs to high definition output on your TV.
- Full HD 1080p Output – The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player features user selectable video output resolutions, including 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K.
- True 24p™ Video – Many Blu-ray Discs are recorded at 24 frames per second, the same frame rate as the original movie’s theatrical release. The BDP-103D can faithfully redeliver the original frames using 1080p 24Hz output (compatible display required) for smoother motion and a flicker-free, film-like home theater experience. It can also restore the original 24 frames per second progressive-scan video from well-authored DVDs and output 1080p 24Hz.
- Source Direct Mode – For users who wish to use an external video processor, the Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player offers a “Source Direct” mode. The original audio/video content on the discs is sent out with no additional processing or alteration.
- Multiple Zoom Modes – The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player supports multiple levels of aspect ratio control and image zooming. Users can watch a movie in its original aspect ratio, fit to the full screen, or zoom in to remove the black bars on some titles.
- Vertical Stretch Mode – For customers with a 2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height) display system, the player’s zoom options include a vertical stretch mode to work nicely with an anamorphic lens. A unique subtitle shift feature allows the user to move the subtitle up and down, making it possible to see all subtitle text when using a 2.35:1 CIH display.
- Advanced Picture Control – Users can have fine control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, noise reduction, video smoothing, detail and edge enhancements. The player can remember and apply three custom picture control modes to suit a variety of viewing conditions and content types.
High Fidelity Audio
- Dolby® TrueHD – Dolby TrueHD delivers lossless studio master quality audio designed specifically for high definition entertainment. The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player supports bit-stream output of Dolby TrueHD via its HDMI 1.4a output. It can also internally decode Dolby TrueHD into LPCM and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats are also supported.
- DTS-HD Master Audio™ – DTS-HD Master Audio delivers an auditory experience that matches the lifelike images of high-definition video with up to 7.1 channels that are bit-for-bit identical to the studio master. The BDP-103D supports bit-stream output of DTS-HD Master Audio. It can also internally decode DTS-HD Master Audio and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS Digital Surround are also supported.)
- 7.1-Channel Analog Output – Individual analog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal to connect to a 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system. The BDP-103D delivers an incredible sound stage and an immersive surround experience. For users with stereo speakers, the 7.1-channel analog output can be configured to a stereo down-mix mode.
- Digital Optical and Coaxial Outputs – For simple and easy connection to more traditional A/V receivers, the BDP-103D features both optical and coaxial outputs for digital audio.
- Rigid Chassis Construction – Built around a steel chassis, aluminum faceplate, and center-mounted disc loader, the BDP-103D is designed to impress as well as to provide a stable base for the highest quality reproduction of your favorite media.
- Dual HDMI Outputs – Two HDMI v1.4a output ports are provided to offer the most versatile installation options to both older and newer HDMI equipment. You do not have to upgrade your A/V receiver to a 3D model in order to enjoy 3D. One HDMI output of the BDP-103D can be connected to a 3D TV and the other can be connected to a pre-3D HDMI v1.1-1.3 A/V receiver. For projector users, you can connect one output to a projector for home theater use and the other to a TV for casual viewing. For a multi-room installation the BDP-103D can output audio and video to two 3D or 2D TVs simultaneously.
- Dual HDMI Inputs – Connect external devices such as set-top boxes and network streaming devices to take further advantage of the excellent audio and video processing functions by the BDP-103D. The BDP-103D offers two HDMI inputs, one on the front and one on the back.
- MHL Input – Simplify connecting smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices to the home theater by using the MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) input port of the BDP-103D. Display high resolution pictures, 1080p video and listen to pure digital music all while simultaneously charging the connected mobile device. The front HDMI input port of the BDP-103D doubles as the MHL input.
- Wireless & Ethernet – Using the included wireless-N adapter or the built-in RJ45 Ethernet port, users will be able to interact with BD-Live content, watch instant streaming programs from providers such as Netflix or VUDU, playback contents stored on their home network, and keep the BDP-103D up-to-date with firmware releases to ensure maximum Blu-ray compatibility.
- Triple USB Ports – Three USB 2.0 high speed ports are provided, one on the front panel and two on the back. Users can enjoy high definition video, high resolution photos and music directly from their USB drives.
- PAL/NTSC Conversion – The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player supports NTSC and PAL systems for both disc playback and video output. It can also convert content of one system for output in another. (Subject to DVD and BD region restrictions.)
- Back-lit Remote Control – The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player comes with a fully back-lit remote control for ease of use in dark home theaters. With its ergonomic button layout and clear labeling, operating the Blu-ray Disc player is easier than ever.
- Universal Power Supply – The Oppo BDP-103D Blu-Ray player features a wide-range world power supply that is compatible with AC power from all regions. No worries about damaging the player due to incorrect power voltage.
- External IR – For integration into home theater control systems, the BDP-103D provides an external IR IN port to use with an IR distribution system.
- RS232 Control – For custom installation, the BDP-103D offers an RS232 control port with a rich control and communication protocol. Installers can easily program their favorite control systems to operate the BDP-103D.
- MediaControl Apps – The OPPO MediaControl app turns your mobile device into a remote that provides complete control over your OPPO Blu-ray player. The app is able to browse media libraries, control playback of media files, and even turn the player on and off.
- HDMI CEC – HDMI Consumer Electronics Control simplifies the home theater by allowing a single remote control to operate multiple devices.
- Gracenote MusicID® and VideoID™ – By connecting to Gracenote’s global media database over the Internet, the BDP-103D can offer an enriched playback experience by displaying Cover Art, Title, Artist, Genre and other media information for CD, DVD, Blu-ray and a wide range of digital media files.
- DMP & DMR – Digital Media Player (DMP) and Digital Media Renderer (DMR) features enables wired or wireless access of audio, picture, and video files stored on DLNA-compatible digital media servers such as a computer or network storage device (NAS).
- SMB/CIFS Access – The BDP-103D comes with an experimental feature that can access video, audio and picture files shared by computers on the local network via the Server Message Block (SMB) or Common Internet File System (CIFS) protocols.
- Requires proper 3D television and glasses.
- U.S. – Netflix unlimited streaming membership required. International – Netflix is available in certain countries. Unlimited membership required. More information at www.netflix.com
- Service available in the United States only. A VUDU user account is required to rent or buy movies and TV shows.
- Membership required.
- Service available in the United States only.
- Membership required. Service available in the United States only.
- Compatibility with user-encoded contents or user-created discs is on a best-effort basis with no guarantee due to the variation of media, software and techniques used.
- All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.