The Oppo HA-2 is an elegant yet sophisticated portable headphone amplifier with built-in rechargeable battery. It is engineered to enhance music playback from mobile phones and portable music players. Aesthetically, the Oppo HA-2 does not look like a typical or generic electronic device. Its genuine leather casing with contrast stitching and beveled aluminum edges are eye-catching and cannot be confused with any other product. Its fit and finish will instill a sense of pride when using the product.
Featuring hybrid class AB amplification and a USB DAC that supports 384 kHz PCM and DSD256, the Oppo HA-2 offers high performance digital-to-analog conversion for Apple’s iPhone/iPod products, a wide range of Android devices, PC and Mac computers. The Oppo HA-2 may be conveniently used to charge mobile devices on-the-go and itself can be efficiently charged in 30 minutes. Headphones, from very sensitive In-Ear Monitors to the most power-hungry Over-the-Ears, can all benefit from the Oppo HA-2’s excellent performance and powerful amplification.
Stacking the Oppo HA-2 on top of some smartphone models is often still thinner than other portable headphone amplifier models alone.
Supports PCM audio up to 384 kHz / 32-bit, DSD audio up to 12 MHz (DSD256 or DSD4x). No Camera Connection Kit required for high-resolution playback from iOS devices
Internal battery can be quickly charged in about 30 minutes with the patented rapid charger.
ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC
ES9018-K2M DAC chip delivers high-resolution performance with extremely low noise and distortion
Multiple Devices Support
Supports multiple device types for digital-to-analog conversion via USB: iPod / iPhone / iPad, smartphones with USB OTG feature, PC and Mac computers.
Mobile Power Bank
The Oppo HA-2 functions as an external battery pack for your mobile devices.
With smartphone use increasing all the time, users are often carrying a device that is capable of storing high quality audio files. The Oppo HA-2 is a very mobile-centric portable headphone amplifier and DAC that pairs exceptionally well with iOS and Android devices, and it can offer a significant improvement in sound quality over the amplification and DAC available in the mobile device itself, without adding excessive bulk and weight so as to make the combination inconvenient. Other mobile-friendly features such as rapid charging and mobile device power bank make the Oppo HA-2 a true companion for music on the go.
The Oppo HA-2 offers two USB DAC input ports – one for Apple’s iPhone/iPod, and the other for Android devices, PC and Mac computers. A 3.5 mm input works with the remaining portable music players that do not have a USB-compatible digital output. There are two gain level settings.
The High Gain mode is capable of driving large power-hungry headphones, delivering up to 300 mW into 16-Ohm headphones.
The Low Gain mode is intended for sensitive In-Ear Monitor type earphones.
In addition to the two gain levels, the Oppo HA-2 offers two stages of volume control to precisely dial the desired output volume and to resolve the volume disparity issues between using In-Ear Monitors and full-size headphones. By mapping USB volume control commands to the Sabre DAC chip’s internal digital volume control, users can adjust the signal volume using the playback app or software without losing audio resolution or causing bit truncation. The Oppo HA-2’s analog volume control knob can then be used to further adjust for a comfortable listening level. For users who like a bit more punch and impact with their music, the Oppo HA-2 offers a Bass Boost function that is implemented purely with analog audio circuits.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 200 kHz
- Audio-in Level: 1 Vrms
- Line-out Level: 1 Vrms
- Recommended Headphone Impedance: 16 Ohm – 300 Ohm
- Maximum Headphone Output Power: 300 mW into 16 Ohm, 220 mW into 32 Ohm, 30 mW into 300 Ohm
- Headphone Amplifier Output Impedance: 0.5 Ohm
- Output Jacks: 3.5 mm stereo headphone, 3.5 mm stereo line-out
- Input Ports: Analog: 3.5 mm stereo audio-in, Digital: USB A for iPod / iPhone / iPad; USB micro-B for smartphones with USB OTG feature and computers.
- DAC Chip: ESS Sabre32 Reference ES9018-K2M
- Input Format: Stereo PCM, Stereo DSD (DoP v1.1 or native)
- PCM Sampling Frequencies: 44.1 kHz – 384 kHz, 16 / 24 / 32-bit
- DSD Sampling Frequencies: 2.8224 MHz (DSD64), 5.6448 MHz (DSD128), 11.2896 MHz (DSD256, native mode only)
- Profile: USB 2.0, USB Audio 2.0
- Built-in Battery type: 3000 mAh lithium polymer rechargeable battery
- Battery Operation Time: Approx. 13 hours for analog source via Audio-in; approx. 7 hours for digital sources via USB.
- Charging Time: Approx. 1 hour 30 minutes
- Power Supply Unit (Rapid Charging Charger)
- USB A – USB micro-B data and rapid charging cable
- USB A – Lightning data cable (for Apple devices)
- USB micro-B to micro-B data cable (for Android and other smartphones)
- 3.5 mm – 3.5 mm stereo audio cable
- Silicone rubber band (2 pieces)
- User guide and warranty documents