The OPPO PM-3 utilizes a planar magnetic driver that is developed from the driver in our EISA award-winning PM-1 headphones. Technological breakthroughs achieved during the PM-1’s development, such as the 7-layer double-side voice coil diaphragm design and FEM-optimized neodymium magnet system, have enabled us to reduce the weight of the planar magnetic drivers while maintaining excellent sound quality and high sensitivity. This driver would not have been possible without the breakthroughs achieved in the Oppo -PM-1’s driver design.
In the Oppo PM-3’s planar magnetic driver, sound is generated by a very thin and light diaphragm which is driven in a symmetric pull-push manner, and the magnetic system and conductor patterns have been optimized for maximum sensitivity and consistency. This allows the diaphragm to generate very stable and linear piston-like vibrations, ensuring phase coherence and high resolution performance with minimal distortion.
The Oppo PM-3 driver’s smaller size and high sensitivity overcome the shortcomings of traditional planar magnetic technology such as being difficult to drive and heavy weight. This all-new 55 mm diameter round driver is especially suitable for a lightweight close-back design like the Oppo PM-3. The Oppo PM-3 maintains the very natural and smooth sound signature of the PM-1, and is tuned to have deep, tight bass and a touch of excitement.
In-line Mic and Remote
The Oppo PM-3 is shipped with a 3 meter main cable and a 1.2 meter portable cable. Users can choose the best suitable cable for their mobile devices. Available selections include a cable with mic and controls for Apple devices, one with mic and button for Android and Windows phones, and one without mic.
Optimized for Mobile Use
Many planar magnetic headphones have a sensitivity far below 100 dB and require very powerful amplifiers to drive. The OPPO PM-3 has a sensitivity of 102 dB, which allows it to be easily driven with mobile devices. Its low impedance works well with smartphones that ship with low impedance ear buds.
- Closed-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones
- Excellent sound quality from planar magnetic drivers
- Closed-back design for privacy and noise isolation
- High sensitivity, light weight and comfortable fit
- Elegant styling and exquisite workmanship
- Acoustic Principle: Closed back
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Driver Type: Planar Magnetic
- Driver Size (Round): 55 mm diameter
- Magnet System: Symmetric push-pull neodymium
- Frequency Response: 10 – 50,000 Hz
- Max Input Power: 500 mW according to IEC 60268-7
- Pulse Max Input Power: 2 W
- Nominal Impedance: 26 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 102 dB in 1 mW
- Clamping Pressure: 5 N
- Cables: 3 m detachable cable (3.5 mm with 6.35 mm adapter), 1.2 m detachable cable
- (3.5 mm)
- Output: 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Input: 6.35 mm stereo jack, 3.5 mm stereo jack
- Weight (without cable): 320 g
- Carrying Case
- User Manual