Sennheiser HD800S. Dynamic Open-back Headphones.
A modern classic, Sennheiser’s reference class HD 800 headphones deliver sound that is as natural as possible and true in every detail. Improving on a seemingly perfect formula is not a task undertaken lightly, but Sennheiser’s engineers have succeeded in enhancing still further the sound reproduction in the open, circum-aural HD 800 S.
The striking industrial design combines form and function seamlessly, the layered metal and plastic headband construction attenuating vibrations to the ear cups while the handmade microfiber ear pads offer exceptional com- fort for even long periods of listening enjoyment.
Crafted for perfection, the HD 800 S are precision-built in Germany from only the finest materials and components. The transducer is encased by stainless steel, while the headband and headphone mounting utilizes the most advanced materials developed in the aerospace industry for high strength with minimal weight.
The new HD 800 S offers even better high precision connectivity options and is now supplied with two connection leads, a 6.3 mm connector and a XLR-4 balanced cable to offer even better quality sound from sources with balanced outputs such as the Sennheiser HDVD 800 headphones amplifier.
Absorber technology of the HD800S
The enhanced sound reproduction of the HD800S is achieved through the addition of the innovative absorber technology that was pioneered in the Sennheiser IE 800 – a breakthrough that preserved the audibility of very high frequency sounds by eliminating a phenomenon known as the “masking effect”, where the human hear struggles to hear frequencies of sound when lower frequencies of a higher volume occur at the same time. By absorbing the energy of the resonance, Sennheiser’s patented absorber technology prevents any unwanted peaks and allows all frequency components – even the finest nuances – in the music material to become audible. This innovation was a key element in making the IE 800 the world’s best sounding in ear headphone, and in the HD 800 S it helps to bring even greater purity and precision.
Such enhancements build on the formidable achievements of the classic, with the 56-mm sound transducer – the largest ever used in dynamic headphones. The unique ear cup design directs sound waves to the ear at a slight angle to create an impressively natural and spatial listening experience.
While much appears the same, the enhanced performance within is revealed by a distinctive new look, with the silver finish of the 2009 classic HD 800 making way for high-class matt black for the HD800S.
- Further optimized reference class in wired headphones
- Absorber technology
- Additional balanced cable with XLR4 connector
- High-class matt black metal parts
- Reference class in wired headphones
- Open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones
- Natural hearing experience – realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today – new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered ear cups for acoustic and stylistic reasons
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with inner damping element
- Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Special high precision headphone connectors