Sonos play 1. Wireless speaker with HiFi sound.
Two speakers powered by two dedicated digital amplifiers
The PLAY:1 uses two state-of the-art digital amplifiers individually coupled with two speakers to deliver great sound to any room. The wireless music system provides pure, clean sound that is perfect for bringing room filling music to a kitchen, bedroom, office, or just about any room in your home.
Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high-frequency response.
One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, while also delivering a deep, rich bass.
Turn two PLAY:1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
5.1 Home Cinema
Add two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
All-digital sound architecture
All filter settings, active equalisation, and time-alignment are done in the digital domain through state-of-the-art DSP circuitry so there’s absolutely no loss of audio quality or energy.
Adjustable bass and treble controls
Optimise sound performance using room-specific bass, treble, balance, and loudness controls. Adjust volume by individual room or by groups of rooms
Trueplay measures the acoustics in any room – analyzing things like size, layout and furnishings. Then fine-tunes your PLAY:1 to make the music sound great, no matter where you place your speaker.
Access all your music
Pre-loaded Internet radio stations, free of charge
Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts, all for free. And you can tune in without turning on your computer: browse for stations, or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love.
Endless music from the most popular online music services
Sonos works seamlessly with Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, Radio by TuneIn, SiriusXM, Google Play Music, SoundCloud, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio, Rhapsody, Rdio, Qobuz, TIDAL and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
Computer-free music playback
Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading, or even turning on a computer. Sonos connects directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music to the rooms of your choice.
Play the music on your computer in any room
Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats, from iTunes® to MP3.
Stream music from an iPhone®, iPad™ or iPod touch®
Sonos wirelessly plays your iTunes® music, direct from your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, to any room in your home.
Other cool features
Easy Internet connectivity for other products in your house
When wirelessly connected to a BRIDGE, BOOST or another player, you can use the Ethernet port on the back of your PLAY:1 to bring standard Internet connectivity to your set-top box, DVR, PC, game console or network hard drive.
Designed to withstand high humidity. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
Provides quick access to music, volume and play/pause controls when you don’t have a controller to hand. Press the mute button once to start or stop the music and twice to skip to the next track.
Control your Sonos system with your smartphone, tablet or PC
Control all your music and rooms with your Android™ device, iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad™
Free Sonos Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your Sonos players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play™.
Integrated, multi-room control
If you have multiple music players, you can control what’s playing in any room from anywhere in your house. Sonos Controllers aren’t tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to control the music and the volume in all your rooms.
Find and play your favourite songs in an instant
Search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control the volume from anywhere in your home.
Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your Sonos system through your home WiFi network.
Includes Sonos Controller for Mac or PC
Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller. The software is included for free with every Sonos component.
Wireless multi-room music with SonosNet
Built-in wireless capability
The PLAY:1 can go anywhere, delivering music to any room in your house, wirelessly. Players and Controllers establish their own secure wireless mesh network that delivers the extensive range and superior performance you need to get music all over your house.
Play a different song in every room, at the same time
Tune in to an Internet radio station in the bedroom, stream a music service in the kitchen and play a song from your music library in the living room — simultaneously.
Listen to the same song in every room, in perfect synchronisation
Play the same song in different rooms, simultaneously, without echoes or delays. Add or drop rooms from your rooms grouping and still be in sync.
Simple setup and expandable design
No technical or wireless expertise required. Put a PLAY:1 in any room where you want music and connect it to your home WiFi network using the free Sonos Controller App. The Sonos System Setup software provides simple on-screen prompts on any Sonos CONTROL. With the touch of a few buttons, you’ll be playing music all over the house in minutes.
Expandable wireless system
Expand your wireless music system room by room. Wirelessly add more PLAY:1s to your house and enjoy true multi-room music.
Simple to move
The PLAY:1 is so small that it is easy to move to the backyard, deck or any other room. Simply pick it up, plug it in, and enjoy the music.
Automatic software updates
New features and music services delivered automatically — and for free
The Sonos system keeps getting better over time with new features and music services. Once the Sonos music system has been registered, Sonos will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply press one button and your system updates itself.
- Amplifier : Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
- Tweeter : One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high-frequency response.
- Mid-Woofer : One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, while also delivering a deep, rich bass.
- Stereo Pair : Turn two PLAY:1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
- 5.1 Home Cinema : Add two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
- Audio formats supported : Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Apple Lossless, FLAC (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
- Note: Apple “Fairplay”, WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple “Fairplay” DRM-protected songs may be upgraded.
- Music services supported : Sonos works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and SoundCloud. For a complete list, see http://www.sonos.com/streaming-music.
- Operating systems (for stored files) : Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.7 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Internet radio supported : Streaming MP3, WMA
- Album art supported : JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlists supported: iTunes, Rhapsody, WinAmp, Windows Media Player
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router.
- Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
- Ethernet Port: One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
- Weight: 4.08 lb (1.85 kg)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 6.36 x 4.69 x 4.69 (in) / 161.45 X 119.7 x 119.7 (mm)
- Package contents
- Sonos PLAY:1, power cord, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos QuickStart Guide, and Legal/Warranty information
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz, universal input
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Top-panel buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
- Top-panel lights: Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
- Product finish: White with light metallic grille; black with graphite grille
- Threaded mount: 1/4 inch (6.35mm) / 20-thread
- Humidity resistant : Designed to withstand high humidity. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
- Multi-language support: Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- * Internet connection is required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates. (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection is required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply.
- Note: All specifications are subject to change without notice.